Olympus Manor Arts Colony

In the summer of 1925, the well-known Ballard arts teacher Orre Nelson Nobles finally achieved his long-sought vision for a center on Hood Canal that would play host to a variety of arts and performance activities. The result, Olympus Manor, a family estate boastinga music room complete with pipe organ. Music room performances were coordinated by members of the Cornish College of the Arts and the University of Washington music and drama faculty, and in the years following it became common for professional musicians, en route to engagements in Seattle and Tacoma, to schedule a visit and often a performance or two here on Anna’s Bay.

Today this legacy is carried on by the Anna’s Bay Center for Music, which supports a range of community music activities which include in-school music education, community ensembles, community musicals, sing-alongs and more.